Child Care Licensing responsibilities include:
- Regulating all childcare operations and child placing agencies to protect the health, safety, and well-being of children in care.
- Permitting and monitoring operations and agencies for compliance with state licensing standards, rules, and laws.
- Investigating complaints alleging violations of minimum standards and reports of abuse or neglect in daycare and residential childcare operations.
- Informing parents and the public about child care, including how specific daycare and residential childcare operations are complying with minimum standards of care.
- Giving child-care providers technical assistance on meeting licensing standards, rules, and laws
To learn more about TDPRS Child Care Licensing, visit their website at https://www.hhs.texas.gov/providers/protective-services-providers/child-care-regulation